Benson is a Franklin county community about six miles west of Frankfort. Settlement began in the area about 1775 when Richard Benson established himself at the mouth of Little Benson Creek. It was the site of Benson Station on the Louisville, Cincinnati, and Lexington Railroad. The Benson post office operated from 1854 to 1920.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon