Brannon is a northern Jessamine county community on the railroad between Nicholasville and Lexington. The station on the Cincinnati and Southern Railroad was established about 1861 as Providence, for a nearby church, and was later known as Windom and Bryan Station, for Massie Bryan, local landowner. The name Brannon is probably from Massie Bryan's son. A Marrs post office may have operated during 1881. A Windom post office opened in 1881 and was renamed Brannon by 1890. It closed in 1913.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon