Little Georgetown, Kentucky
Little Georgetown is a western Fayette county community on Parkers Mill Road. It originated in the nineteenth century after the Civil War on land that had been part of a farm belonging to George Waltz. The community may be named for him or for freed slave George Washington who subdivided some land he owned there in 1877. It once had a school and about 90 residents, but it was lost when Blue Grass Airport expanded.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon