McRoberts is a northeast Letcher county community located on the headwaters of the North Fork of the Kentucky River. It was established in 1912 by the Consolidation Coal Corp. and named for Samuel McRoberts, a banker with ties to the company. The McRoberts post office opened in 1912. The population in 2010 was 784.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2017 David C. Elbon