Bowling Green, Kentucky
Bowling Green, the seat of Warren county, is located near the center of the county on the Barren River. The town was founded in 1798 as Bolin Green. The name may be from Bowling Green, Virginia or a local bowling green. Bowling Green was incorporated in 1812. The Bowling Green post office opened in 1802. The population in 2010 was 58,067.
Bowling Green is the home of Western Kentucky University.
The Warren County Courthouse in Bowling Green.
- Bowling Green, City of
- Bowling Green – Warren County Regional Airport
- Bowling Green Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Bowling Green Daily News
- Bowling Green Independent School District
- National Corvette Museum
- Warren County Clerk
- Warren County Fiscal Court
- Warren County Public Library
- Warren County Public Schools
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2021 David C. Elbon