Flemingsburg Junction, Kentucky
Flemingsburg Junction was in Fleming county about four miles northwest of Flemingsburg. It was established about 1869 as Johnson's Station on the Maysville and Lexington Railroad on land from James Threlkeld Johnson. In 1877 the Cincinnati, Flemingsburg, and Pound Gap Railroad – a narrow-gauge line – provided a connection to Flemingsburg. That line closed in 1955. The Johnsons Junction post office operated from 1872 to 1919 and from 1930 to 1944.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon