Glasgow, the seat of Barren county, is located near the center of the county at Big Spring between the forks of Beaver Creek. It was founded in 1799 with the county and named for the city in Scotland.
Glasgow was incorporated in 1809.
The Glasgow post office opened in 1803.
The population in 2020 was 15,010.
- Barren County Fiscal Court
- Barren County Schools
- Glasgow, City of
- Glasgow Aviation
- Glasgow Daily Times
- Glasgow Electric Plant Board
- Glasgow Independent Schools
- Mary Wood Weldon Memorial Library
- South Central Rural Telecommunications Coöperative
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon