Harrisonville is a Shelby county community about 12 miles southeast of Shelbyville. It was founded in 1825 as Connersville, possibly named for an early land owner, and renamed Harrisonville, possibly for William H. Harrison, in 1839.
Harrisonville was incorporated in 1847, but was later dissolved.
The Harrisonville post office opened in 1839 and closed in 1908.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon