Hazard, the seat of Perry county, is located on the North Fork of the Kentucky River. It was founded in 1821 and named, like the county, for Oliver Hazard Perry.
Hazard was incorporated in 1884.
The first post office opened in 1824 as Perry Court House and was renamed Hazard in 1854.
The population in 2020 was 5,236.
Hazard is the home of Hazard Community and Technical College.
- Hazard Herald
- Hazard, City of
- Hazard Independent Schools
- Hazard-Perry County Tourism
- Kentucky River District Health Department
- Perry County Fiscal Court
- Perry County Public Library
- Perry County School District
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon