Kiddville is a Clark county community at the junction of KY 1960 and KY 974 near Lulbegrud Creek. It was founded in the middle nineteenth century and named for the family of William Burgess Kidd, a settler in the area. An earlier settlement called Kiddville was probably located nearby at the mouth of Combs Branch and may have been the site of a distillery. Kiddville was planned as the seat of proposed new county which was never formed and though it was once a thriving town it had declined by the end of the nineteenth century. Kiddville was incorporated in 1852, but was later dissolved. A Kiddville post office operated from 1842 until 1906.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2018 David C. Elbon