Mount Washington, Kentucky
Mount Washington is a northeastern Bullitt county town. It was founded in the early nineteenth century and was known as Crossroads. It was chartered in 1822 as Mount Vernon, probably for George Washington's home, and was later renamed since the name was already in use by Mount Vernon in Rockcastle county. Mount Vernon was incorporated in 1822 and reincorporated as Mount Washington in 1833. The Mount Washington post office opened in 1830. The population in 2010 was 9,117.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon