Waynesburg is a Lincoln county community about 12 miles south of Stanford. It was established in the early 1800s as a stage stop and later became a station on the Cincinnati, New Orleans, and Texas Pacific Railway. It was named for Anthony Wayne, the Revolutionary War general. The Waynesburgh post office opened in 1824 and closed and reopened several times over the nineteenth century. The spelling was changed to Waynesburg in 1894.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon