Arlington is a Carlisle county town about seven miles south of Bardwell. It was founded as Neville in 1873 on land belonging to Robert B. Neville. The town was renamed Arlington for Arlington Heights, Virginia soon after.
Arlington was incorporated in 1876.
In 1874 the Mixville post office moved to Arlington and took the new name.
The population in 2010 was 324.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon