Carrs is in Lewis county on the Ohio River about eight miles northwest of Vanceburg. Settlement probably began by the early nineteenth century and the location may have been known as Stouts Landing, named for a local family. It was also a station on the railroad. Richard Carr was a storekeeper and postmaster.
The Station Landing post office opened in 1867, was renamed Carrs in 1867, and closed in 1953.
Near Carrs was the Ohio River Lock and Dam 32. The upstream dam 31 was near Firebrick and the downstream dam 33 was near Maysville.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon