Flemingsburg, the seat of Fleming county, is located northwest of the center of the county on the Town Branch of Fleming Creek. It was founded by George P. Stockton in 1796 and named for his half-brother Colonel John Fleming. Flemingsburg was incorporated in 1812. The Fleming Court House post office opened in 1801. The population in 2010 was 2,658.
The Fleming County Courthouse, the third at the site, was built in 1952.
- Flemingsburg, City of
- Fleming County Chamber of Commerce
- Fleming County Fiscal Court
- Fleming County Hospital
- Fleming County Public Library
- Fleming County Schools
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon