Forks of Elkhorn, Kentucky
Forks of Elkhorn is a Franklin county community where the North and South forks of Elkhorn Creek meet before running into the Kentucky River. The area was settled in the late eighteenth century and was usually known as The Forks. It is on US 460 on the eastern edge of Frankfort. Forks of Elkhorn was also the site of a station on the Frankfort and Cincinnati Railroad known as Elsinore. The source of that name is not known. The Forks of Elkhorn post office operated from 1848 until 1965.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2019 David C. Elbon