Glenview is a northern Jefferson county town and suburb of Louisville. Settlement began about 1793. The name Glenview comes from a local farm, which was probably named for the views from the bluff over the Ohio River. It was the site of the Fincastle Club and a station on the Louisville, Harrods Creek, and Westport Railroad.
The Glenview post office opened in 1893.
Glenview was incorporated in 1985.
The population in 2020 was 592.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon