Hiseville is an eastern Barren county community about 10 miles northeast of Glasgow. It was named for Elijah Hise, United States congressman. The site was also known as Goosehorn.
Hiseville was incorporated in 1868 and dissolved in 2004.
The Blue Spring Grove post office moved to the site in 1849 and was renamed Hiseville in 1867.
The population in 2000, before dissolution, was 224. The population of the Hiseville census designated place in 2010 was 240.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon