Knifley is an Adair county community about twelve miles northeast of Columbia. Settlement began in the early nineteenth century and the name comes from an early family. Most residents and the post office moved about two miles north circa 1965 to make room for the new Green River Lake.
The Knifley post office opened in 1887, moved about 1965, and closed in 1994.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon