Lee City, Kentucky
Lee City is a Wolfe county community on Red River about 12 miles east of Campton. The origin of the name is obscure. It was a station on the Ohio and Kentucky Railway, which operated from 1901 to 1933. The population probably never exceeded 100.
Lee City was incorporated in 1888, but was later dissolved.
A Red River post office opened in 1879, was renamed Lee City in 1887, and closed in 2004.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon