Somerset, the seat of Pulaski county, was settled in 1801 and named by settlers from Somerset county, New Jersey.
Somerset was established in 1812 and incorporated in 1883.
The Somerset post office opened in 1803.
The population in 2020 was 11,709.
Somerset is the home of Somerset Community College.
- Commonwealth Journal
- Lake Cumberland Regional Airport
- Pulaski County Fiscal Court
- Pulaski County Schools
- Pulaski County Public Library
- Somerset, City of
- Somerset-Pulaski County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Somerset-Pulaski County Chamber of Commerce
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon