Stanley is a northwestern Daviess county community about six miles northwest of Owensboro. It was located on the rail line and named for Nat Stanley, the owner of the land. The Loopee post office moved from a few miles south to the Stanley site and changed names in 1889. It closed in 1997.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2021 David C. Elbon