Stedmantown was a Franklin county community on Elkhorn Creek just northeast of Frankfort. Mills were constructed in the area early in the nineteenth century and in 1833 Ebenezer and Samuel Stedman bought the Franklin Paper Mill. The town of Stedmanville grew up around it and became generally known as Stedmantown (sometimes spelled Steadmantown). The town and mills are no longer standing. A Stedmanville post office operated from 1855 to 1857.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2019 David C. Elbon