Taylorsville, the seat of Spencer county, was settled before 1790. It was laid out and named for Richard Taylor, a local land owner and miller, in 1799.
Taylorsville was incorporated in 1829.
The Taylorsville post office opened in 1817.
The population in 2020 was 1,245.
- Spencer County Chamber of Commerce
- Spencer County Fiscal Court
- Spencer County Public Library
- Spencer County Public Schools
- Spencer Magnet
- Taylorsville, City of
- Taylorsville-Spencer County Recreation and Tourism
- Taylorsville-Spencer Fire Protection District
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon