Coxs Creek, Kentucky
Coxs Creek is a Nelson county community near Cox Creek about five miles north of Bardstown. The original Cox's Station, the first settlement in what would become Nelson county, was established on the creek in 1780 by Isaac Cox and others. (The official spelling is now Coxs Creek, but Cox's Creek is often seen in local usage.)
The post office opened as Cox's Creek in 1856 and the spelling was changed to Coxs Creek in 1894.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon