Culvertown is a Nelson county community about 10 miles southwest of Bardstown on the road to New Haven. It was originally known as Smithstown, for a local family, and later became known as Culvertown, for another family.
The Smithtown (without the interior "s") post office opened in 1903 and closed in 1905.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon