Rowland is in Lincoln county on the southeast edge of Stanford. It was established in 1868 as Richmond Junction with the completion of the Rowland Branch of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad which went to Lancaster and Richmond. It was the site of railroad maintenance shops until circa 1885. Rowland was named for De Witt Clinton Rowland, superintendent of the railroad. The Richmond Junction post office opened in 1879, closed in 1883, opened as Rowland in 1886, and closed in 1912.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon