Symsonia is a Graves county community near the West Fork of the Clarks River about 15 miles northeast of Mayfield. It was settled in the 1820s and was known originally as Slabtown. The origins of the names are obscure. The Symsonia post office opened in 1847. The population of the Symsonia census designated place in 2010 was 615 in an area of 1.5 square miles.
SEARCH THE KENTUCKY ATLAS & GAZETTEER
© 2023 David C. Elbon